We recently discussed the benefits of beginning your day with a mug of warm water with lemon on our facebook page…For a refresher, here are the 5 reasons adding a steaming mug of warm water & juice of 1/2 a lemon to your AM ritual gets you started on a healthy note:
1. Boosts your immune system with vitamin C & potassium
2. Balances pH: lemons are an alkaline food, this can help ease bloating and heartburn
3. Helps with weight loss: lemons are high in pectin fiber, helping fight hunger cravings through the day
4. Aids digestion, natural diuretic: both the warm water and the lemons help flush toxins in the digestive tract
5. Clears skin: wrinkle & blemish-reducing vitamins, and purging toxins from the skin, as well
6. Hydrates the lymph system
Going deeper though, experts are now claiming that lemon water is actually classified as a super food! Not only is lemon juice an absolutely fabulous source of Vitamins C & B, but it’s chock full of antioxidants, as well. Because of this, we thought we’d continue the list and delve into other benefits, as well – and ways you can use lemon juice throughout the day!
7. Lemons aid in the production of antibodies in the blood that attack invading microorganisms and prevent infection.
8. Lemon is found to be anticarcinogenic, which can lower the rates of colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
9. Because of its high potassium content, lemon controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, and provides relaxation to mind and body.
10. Lemons feature antibacterial properties that help aid sore throats. Mix half of a lemon with water and gargle.
11. Lemons are great for colds, the flu, and fevers. They help stop the fever by increasing perspiration.
12. Lemon has antiseptic and styptic properties, so it can stop internal bleeding. For instance, you can put some lemon on a cotton ball and apply it to the inside of your nose to stop a nose bleed.
13. Lemon mixed with water is great for anyone who has respiratory problems like asthma because of its rich source of vitamin C.
14. A cup of warm water with lemon and a pinch of salt can help with weight loss and lower cholesterol.
15. When applied to a burn, lemon juice will actually reduce the burning sensation since it acts as a cooling agent.
Thanks, Fit Sugar for digging deeper and uncovering some of these fabulous truths!