Five years ago today, owners Rachel and Paula opened the doors to Minnesota’s first ever barre studio. Five years later, Rachel and Paula have created the most amazing studio, community and workout around. Here’s why we ❤ the barre and couldn’t imagine pulsing anywhere else:
1. It is the best total body workout in town.
2. The studio is warm, welcoming, and full of truly awesome women.
3. I am inspired every class by every instructor, and client, to push harder and get lower!
4. I NEVER regret taking class, even when I don’t feel 100%.
5. I have gained strength I never knew I had mentally, and physically (it takes as much strength mentally as it does physically)!
1. It is a judgement free zone.
2. It is a strong community of strong women.
3. AWESOME jams!
4.Instructors are motivating, supportive and FUN!
5. I always leave class feeling accomplished, and more confident in my body.
1. Exercise in no longer a chore, but a craving!
2. I walked into the studio not knowing one single person, and now have friendships that go way beyond the barre! 😉
3. The instructors are so well chosen and put work into each and every class delivery.
4. The barre has taught me so much about mental strength and has pushed me to levels I’ve never experience before!
5. It’s such a gift to have a private studio that welcomes children to a place they love: Monkey Barre!
1. The barre provides an incredibly encouraging environment.
2. I always leave with such sense of empowerment after an amazing head-to-toe workout.
3. My little monkey loves coming with me so he can play with all the other little monkeys. You can’t beat a studio like ours that offers childcare!
4. I am always amazed by our incredible clients and instructors. Such mental and physical toughness in one room!
5. After years of trying to find a workout regimen I actually enjoy, I can definitely say I have found “the one!”
1. The barre is more than just about exercise – it’s empowerment, strength and positive encouragement for women.
2. The instructors – you are guaranteed a burn regardless if you walk into the studio at 6am or 6pm.
3. Location, location, location! You cannot beat the Lake Minnetonka view in Wayzata!
4. The friendships I have made since joining the studio.
5. Monkey barre! My daughter begs me to take her to class with me and doesn’t understand why there isn’t a 6am Monkey Barre!
1. The class is accessible to people of all ages and levels of fitness.
2. The studio locations are amazing!
3. The barre community is so motivating, supportive and welcoming!
4. I always leave class in a better mood than I arrived!
5. Last but not least, the results surpass any other method of exercise!
1. ANYONE of any age/fitness level can absolutely do barre – each class has clients of all different levels who are encouraging to each other!
2. The instructors bring so much passion and stand out from all others… amazing!
3. You absolutely can’t beat the location of the studios.
4. The workout itself is addicting in the best way and has given me strength (mental + physical) I never knew I could gain.
5. Hands down best stress reliever and I leave in a great mood EVERY time 🙂
1. You don’t have to put on a swimsuit to waterski, although you’ll be swimsuit ready if you take class regularly.
2. You have sore muscles you didn’t even know you had.
3. You leave class feeling like you can conquer the world.
4. Class never gets easier, if anything it gets more challenging.
5. The barre community of instructors and clients are lifelong friends.
1. Such a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere suitable for everyone!
2. I am inspired to pursue a healthier lifestyle with each class!
3. I have never been happier with my fitness and I have gained strength and focus I didn’t know I was capable of.
4. So nice for moms to be able to drop off their monkeys and enjoy their workout without a worry!
5. Such an AMAZING group of women! I am always so encouraged by the instructors and look up to them so much! I wouldn’t want to be a part of any other team!
1. There is no better place to start my day… sunrises at the barre are pretty great!
2. I no longer fear push-ups… no matter how many are thrown my way.
3. When I moved back to MN, I came to the barre looking for a great workout and now leave feeling empowered, strong and grateful for so many friends.
4. It is the place where Ke$ha and Pitbull come together to make musical magic.
5. Teaching at the barre has brought be out of my shell and has made me the confident and strong women that I am both at the studio and in my everyday life!
1. The instructors are amazing and inspiring!
2. The workout is seriously addicting and incredibly physically and mentally challenging – I have gotten so much stronger.
3. There is definitely a “post-barre high” after class. It truly starts my day in the best way.
4. The 6am Edina crew!
5. After years of short term relationships with other gyms or fitness studios, I finally found THE ONE that works for me!
1. The welcoming community it provides and amazing friendships.
2. The peace of mind and mental release post-class.
3. The mental and physical challenge presented by every class.
4. For helping me to become my strongest self in all aspects.
5. For introducing me to the joys of group fitness and just getting me hooked on barre in every way.
1. Barre is my happy place, if I have a frown it is immediately turned upside down the minute I walk in the door.
2. Britney on the playlists (and all of the other great songs)!
3. Barre arms – people always say, “I want your arms!” and I always respond with, “Come to the barre!”
4. The AMAZING people! I am surrounded by strong, positive, beautiful people inside and out which is such a positive influence on my life!
5. Not only does barre give me physical strength but it gives me mental strength – Yes, I can!!!
1. Having a back injury, barre has changed my life! I am a true believer that our barre technique has helped me build a strong core to help stabilize my back injury, and live a daily life with little or no back pain! It is truly amazing, and I have tried everything – yoga, pilates reformer, but barre has been the magic I have been needing in my life!
2. I can’t imagine my life without our barre, I can’t imagine not being an instructor! I am so thankful to have the barre in my life.
3. I love our loyal barre clients, I love our 1st time clients, and I love seeing our old barre clients, that may have taken a break but come back because they know the barre is a solid workout and loving environment!
4. I love our barre instructors! I learn so much from all of you. I always take away something new about barre, which helps me push my own barre technique.
5. I love our no-judgement amongst all our beautiful barre women! We are all in different places with our own barre strength. I never feel judged, but encouraged and inspired to work when I am at the barre!
1. Finally a workout that I LOVE going to do!
2. Our clients are the BEST! And they inspire me each time I teach!
3. I am stronger, both mentally and physically, thanks to the barre.
4. The view – need I say more?! How can’t you enjoy a waterski with the sun sparkling on the water?
5. The friendships I’ve made while getting my butt kicked during a killer thigh series!
1. The amazing clients and instructors I have had the pleasure of getting to know!
2. The encouraging, energizing, welcoming, inspiring and positive atmosphere that our clients and instructors create each and every class!
3. It is my go-to workout that I truly crave! I love that there are methods to modify or push yourself harder in every part of class.
4. The physical and mental strength I have achieved from both taking and teaching class!
5. It has become a part of my life! I can’t imagine life without the barre!
1. It never gets easy and you will never plateau. This is a lifelong workout!
2. No other workout has transformed my body like barre has.
3. I never thought I would enjoy working out, let alone LOVE working out! The barre instilled a lifestyle change in me that I am so thankful for.
4. This community isn’t found anywhere else. Walk in the studio a stranger and leave with a family of goal-crushing, hard-working women.
5. The instructors are fabulous and am lucky to call them my co-workers! They inspire me during and after every class and are always challenging me to be better than I was last time.